View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #102
Snuffy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
Snuffy,
Sounds right. A local guy on Hwy 89 told me that they lock gates during hunting season.

I am just trying to document GWT with GPS Tracks. I talked to lady in Escalente today who is mailing some information on GWT in Dixie forest north of Hwy 12. She said it was marked in that area. I followed GWT signs from North Rim to where I quit.

What information can you give me?

Jerry
The only sinage that i have seen in that area is up around Teasdale. Teasdale south will end as hiking only.

From hwy 12 north of Tropic Res. and just east of Rubys Inn I would head north on hwy 22 and look for the Pine lake road which would be to the right. From Pine lake up you ascend up to Barney Top and head north to the junction of Griffin top rd. and Main Canyon rd. Fr 140/17. Follow Griffin top rd north to the junction of 140/154. Turn left(north) onto 154 which will take you into either Loa or just west of Torrey. In Torrey, there is sinage for the GWT headed north onto Fr 148 which takes you up to Thousand Lake mountain.

Another alternate route from 12 is to head up hwy 22 to Widtsoe junction and turn east onto Fr17.

Hope this helps. Are you wanting to get to Skyline drive?