View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #693
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,891
The missus and I went to Vintage Motorcycle Festival at Barbers yesterday. The folks from Motus were there with a couple of bikes. They were pretty much undefended and lots of folks were taking a sit; myself and the missus included.

First impression was very very favorable. This thing feels light as a feather. The specs says 530 pounds; wet, dry I don't know. But it felt lighter than any bike I have sat on lately, except maybe my baby beemer (F650GS). The seat had a Sargent tag and was very narrow in the front. It looks a little strange, but I can tell you the most comfortable seat I have ever sat on is the tractor style seat on my Ural. This seat reminds a bit of that so I take it as a good thing. The missus was also favorably impresses with the rear seat accommodations.

The egos were very mildly aggressive. I had some very slight weight on my wrists but not much. As a comparison it was less aggressive than the new Triumph Sprint GT. Leg room was also better than the GT. Here is a view of the cockpit for those of you who care about such things.

Oh, one more thing, they took it out for a spin while I was there. This is what it sounds like.

Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote