View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #2270
Hodakaguy
NorthWest Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 2,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Yeah man...I looked at that routing over the header and just shivered! Stop! Drop! Roll!

I did like you and went over the carb boot, I ran it pretty hot the other day, and had no vapor lock issue or whatnot. The one thing I have noticed is I turned on the petcock on the left (clutch lever) side and forgot to turn on the right....the bike started to run out of gas with about 2 gallons still in it. Once I turned on both petcocks (did not go reserve) it straightened right out and ran fine again....I think it creates a vacuum lock in the line, kind of like when you hold your finger on the end of a straw.....

I can take some pics of the routing if it would help you, just let me know.

Sounds like the same setup I run except I run the line under the carb. Here's a few pics of my setup. ( clamps are removed in these shots. I've since replaced the larger hose with a head shielding made for automotive fuel line.)

Get a good quality T-fitting instead of the cheesy plastic unit the tank comes with.

I also use another section of larger hose as a heat/abrasion guard to protect the fuel line. I run a quality silicone fuel line like the motion pro stuff as well as an external filter for extra insurance during remote desert travel.

Use snap ties to keep the fuel line away from the header.

Hodakaguy
And Then There Were Four - OR RR: CLICK HERE
My VW Syncro Westy Build Thread: CLICK HERE
Hodakaguy is offline   Reply With Quote