View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Tropic-Of-Canada OP
Thread Derailleur

Oddometer: 842
Vancouver Island Day Trips

Hi all from Vancouver Island BC! I was born here, left for 6 1/2 years, came back, and I can't think of any place I'd rather be! There is so much to see and do in this world, but this is home to me, and I thought I'd share some of it with you.

I've been on 2 wheels my whole life, but only with a motor since spring 2011. My background was Observed Bicycle Trials and Freeride/ Downhill, and was how I commuted for 10 years, rain shine or snow. I even made studded tires when I lived in Prince George! This is my first motorcycle, a 2004 Suzuki DRZ400S. I have yet to own a car. Getting a motorcycle allowed me to re-discover my home in a way not possible by bicycle or 4 wheled machine, and I finally got to see what was on the other side of hills of the Cowichan Valley, Sooke and beyond.

I've been adding to this thread everytime I find something interesting to ride or see on the Island since fall of 2011. I used to update it quite regularily, but living in Victoria on the very south end of the Island, I don't want to bore you with the exact same places everytime I go out! Expect to see more postings in the warmer months when I can get out more. A lot of the backroads get cut off by snow, even though we have the mildest winter in Canada.

Tropic-Of-Canada screwed with this post 07-28-2013 at 09:46 AM
Tropic-Of-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote