My new TKC80's finally arrived! I picked them up on Saturday, and headed over to my buddy's Chris's place to mount them. We got the bike up on the "stand" ( a milk crate and cinder block! ) and prepared to remove the rear wheel. I wanted to check the state of the swing arm bushings, so I grabbed the rear wheel and shook it, and noticed some clunking......Oh bloody hell, a wheel bearing died! That explains the slight loss of power I was feeling!
I checked on it about 2 1/2 months ago, and it was a little bit rough on the non-drive side, but was nowhere near the point of disaster. I always seem to find these things out just before disaster strikes!
I got my buddy to phone the local shop, and they had one in stock! He went to pick it up for me, while I pounded on the outer race for a while. It took a good 1 1/2 hrs to push it out with the limited tools we had, but we got 'er done!
I have a feeling this new rubber is going to be sweet!