View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #356
simonpig OP
packin' heat

Oddometer: 993
9/21–9/23:
HANGING OUT IN SAN FRANCISCO

Spent the next three days catching up and seeing the sights around San Francisco, which I might add is a really small concentrated city. One strange aspect is the pockets of microclimate there — one part of the city might be nice, clear and sunny and then I would ride to southwest and it would be misty, foggy and chilly.

It was nice to be off the bike since my right wrist was pretty painful at this point from the previous days get-off. I was popping aspirin and applying medicated Salonpas bandages at every opportune moment. I could still twist the throttle but only comfortably when my hand was straight. There was limited mobility and strength in any other rotated position, if that makes any sense. Turning the wrist was also painful.

The other order of business was my rear tire was badly in need of replacement. I mailed ordered a tire from Bikebandit whilst Port Orford and had it waiting for me in SF. This would also be the first time I clean out the air filter. Surprisingly its not too bad for 6800 miles. Used dish soap and Mobil1 Synthetic Oil I had been carrying across the country to reoil the filter.

In the interest of keeping this thread riding focused I won't go into exhaustive detail about every little thing I did, so lets just push fast forward on the remote.

In the morning…

photo P1010570.jpg

My bike is still there… Phew.

photo P1010570.jpg

Roast duck hunger pangs. Need to see if San Francisco roast duck rivals New York roast duck… sorry to report, "New York Noodletown" still serves the best roast duck in the USA.

photo P1010570.jpg

Visiting Chinatown

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

Visiting Twin Peaks. The best view of San Francisco. It was cold and foggy but that makes for more drama

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

Dinner with my friend Junji. Delicious Salad.

photo P1010570.jpg

Doing chores

photo P1010570.jpg

Feasting on the mollusk and some chowda

photo P1010570.jpg

Checking out an arcade with vintage machines at Fisherman's Wharf

photo P1010570.jpg

Sweet 80s Star Wars vector video game

photo P1010570.jpg

Opium Den game/show. Wierd what you could get away with back in the day.

photo P1010570.jpg

Visited the Aquarium

photo P1010570.jpg

Alcatraz

photo P1010570.jpg

simonpig screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 09:05 AM
simonpig is offline   Reply With Quote