View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #357
simonpig OP
packin' heat

Oddometer: 1,080
9/24 (Saturday) – 10/2 (Sunday)
THE RIDE DOWN TO L.A + SOCAL EXPERIENCE

I set off at 10am for the Pacific Coast Highway with 2 possible plans. One was to camp out the Julia Pfieffer State Park in Big Sur. And the other was to head straight for L.A., which would mean a long day.

Cool rock next the ocean. Are we still on earth?

photo P1010570.jpg

The weather going down was windy and the skies apocalyptic. As I approached the State Park, I decided to push on as the fog was thick and I couldn't see the sights anyways. Passing by, I have no doubt that area is magical on a clear day.

photo P1010570.jpg

At elevation, the fog enveloped the road creating intermittent traffic.

photo P1010570.jpg

Arrived to LA around 10pm after battling through mist and fog. Stopped up to my friends house in Malibu, but he wasn't home. Didn't get cell reception, so had to stop at someones house to ask for directions and to borrow a phone. Turns out my friend Christian and his girlfriend were 15 miles further south watching the premiere of "Moneyball" at Malibu Theater. So I ride back down the canyon to the theater, and proceed to catch the rest of the movie -- didn't have to pay either and I only missed 15 or 20 minutes of it. Fantastic movie by the way.

After the movie, we load my bike up to his truck and head over to his house in the hills. Nice to be in a still, quiet and peaceful location after a long day on the bike. I sleep well.

photo P1010570.jpg

simonpig screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 10:06 AM
simonpig is offline   Reply With Quote