View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 AM   #358
simonpig OP
Packin' Heat

Oddometer: 861
Whilst in L.A…

I had a comfy mattress to sleep in, and my friends big white Swiss Sheppard would occasionally come down on occasions to sleep next the AC vent, and keep me company.

photo P1010570.jpg

Up in the hills, the atmosphere is very quiet and peaceful

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

Christian's got a Husky TE530. Super torquey torque monster. I rode it for abit and it doesn't turn anywhere near as nicely as my WR even with the SUMO wheels, due to the flywheel effect even though its close to 35lbs lighter. Might just be that I'm used to getting on the throttle earlier on my WR.

photo P1010570.jpg

He takes me around and shows me the hood. Famous Neutra house. Mid century modern chic. Not shown here, but we go by Wonderland Avenue, the site of some famous murders connected to Johnny Holmes. I wont go into details, look it up, or watch the movie "Wonderland" for the DL.

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

Dinners at a Vietnamese Pho joint thats got no name on the front. Sorry, don't know what its called.

photo P1010570.jpg

Some random berrys shot from a plant in his property

photo P1010570.jpg

The dorky dog, Iago. He's got so many tricks, he needs his own TV show.

photo P1010570.jpg

Sunsets are better in the west.

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

I visit the La Brea Tar Pits, and the LACMA to soak in some natural history and art.

photo P1010570.jpg

This would make a fantastic sleeve. Whaddya think… should I go for it? It would look badass.

photo P1010570.jpg

When Richard Serra does art, he likes to go big…

photo P1010570.jpg

I have lunch with my friend Michele and her friend Craig. She's been working hard on her first movie, "Matt Sheppard is a Friend of Mine." The both of them just got back from some remote shoot in BC, and were heading down to San Diego for another one. Lucky I was able to catch them. We dine at Djelina in Venice — the food was delightful as was their company.

photo P1010570.jpg
When in LA, one just has to visit the Hollywood sign. It would be blasphemy not to… right?

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

A pilgrimage to the Capitol Records Building.

photo P1010570.jpg

Keeping my friend Rani company on the way to get her whip detailed. In LA, your car is an extension of your home. You respect your home right? I help her choose Jasmine as the scent for her car… later we would regret the choice wishing we had gone with "new car." I think Rani is saying ,"Whu whuuttt?"

photo P1010570.jpg

Stopped in to see my homey, Paul. We recently lost the bid to keep Paul in NY. He is taking his talents to Socal and purchased a house in Silverlake with his lady. Always a pleasure to have facetime with Paul.

photo P1010570.jpg

One afternoon, Rani and I go to the Getty and visit the Garden. Its a really chill place of which the architecture reminds me of the 80's show Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. The garden alone make the visit worth the while. We were able to see a little of the Walker Evan in Cuba Exhibit before being shooed out of the building and onto the tram back to the parking lot. If you're ever in LA, I recommend this place highly.

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

Rani took this one

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

One of the highlights of the trip was after a night on the town, the next day we stop into Wispa and spend a relaxing 4 hours sauna and hot/warm/cold Korean style bath. At the urging of my friends, I go for a full body exfoliating scrub which entails having a Korean dude thoroughly going over every part (sans junk) of your body with a fine loufa pad over and over and over again in the same area—this would become painful in certain areas such as your armpits, et cetera. Easy to think the guys is trying to torture you, but can't fault a brother for doing a good job. All of this takes place with a towel over my face and my junk. At one point he would give me a peek at the roll of dead skin littered all over the mat. I've never felt so clean in my life.

photo P1010570.jpg

Night in Hollywood. Nice graphics in the loo.

photo P1010570.jpg

Spend the last couple of days in Malibu.

photo P1010570.jpg

Playing on the beach

photo P1010570.jpg

Big sunsets

photo P1010570.jpg

Malibu Inn. We were "Doin' the Jane Fonda" at the Mickey Avalon show. VIP seats… that's how my homies roll in LA.

photo P1010570.jpg

Before I leave, we spend the day in Malibu riding a small motocross track. There would be the shooting of guns to take place later in the day, but I was not present to participate in the activities. Christian friend Jeff, a motocross rider stops by with an Kawi 80cc 2 stroke, and his Honda CR125 race bike and proceed to take a much flight. Everyone takes a turn on the 80cc as do I — my first time on a 2 stroke. I liked it, though I was revving the piss out of it. In the interest of preserving the motor, I was cut off after a lap.

Christian giving Gabriel a primer on riding.

photo P1010570.jpg

At one point, Jeff takes a spin on the WRR and jumps it the farthest its ever jumped (beside the time I flew it onto a tabletop at Englishtown Motocross) and in control — landing flat and sometimes nose high. I wasn't able to capture it, but it was impressive to say the least. There is an art to jumping and after seeing Jeff jump, I can blame the shock all I want for spitting me off because its sprung too heavily, but at a certain point, I need to look at my technique. Every time I took that jump, I was landing nose low and the shock was kicking me. Jeff was in control.

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

With all that space, anything is possible right. Messing around with the clubs.

photo P1010570.jpg

It was hot out… at night we would curse the tree for blocking the magnificent view of the ocean. By day, we changed our tune.

photo P1010570.jpg

After a week, Los Angeles has been a wonderful experience thanks to good friends, great weather and the sweet socal vibes. But like a trout swimming upstream, a newborn turtle swimming out to sea, a migratory bird flying south I felt the east calling.

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

On a monday morning as my friends shoot guns, ride motocross and dive for lobsters, I leave for Las Vegas.

photo P1010570.jpg

simonpig screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 12:45 AM
simonpig is online now   Reply With Quote