Old 10-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #43
bimmerx2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 990
Ya copy cat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
Witty.

No, I totaled my first bike and I was sliding toe-first on my stomach. If I were wearing just jeans, there wouldn't have been much left of my knees, probably.
Hey that's my trick!

Went down at the track (well up over and then down to be more precise) at around 100mph. I flipped a few times, was knocked out, then slid face down feet first for a while before hitting the dirt and rolling a few times. My leathers showed most of the damage on the knees from skiding and the shoulder where I landed but nothing wore through and I actually didn't have a scratch or bruise on my whole body. The doc's at the hospital kept asking if I was sure that I actually crashed since there were no visible signs and normally motorcycle crashers come in there bleeding from all over. Then the x-rays came back . I think the bike, which was flipping along with me, whacked me just for good measure and broke some bones that it turns out I need.

The good thing about leather is that I wore that same suit all year this year since it's still perfectly usable.

Good boots also help if you're planning the face-down technique...

'08 Honda CBR 1000RR (get outta da way!)
'05 Honda CBR 600RR (trackday toy)
bimmerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote