View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #12
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,886
Friday ---getting to the rally

Welcome aboard people----it's just a weekend ride ---but the fall colors, great weather and finding the stuff we did made it a stellar weekend.

Hey---Studad---thanks for putting us up---and the Brats were awesome.

On the way from my home in Southern Illinois I was on the T road West out of Perryville, Missouri.
A road I've ridden before that has almost no traffic and has not subcumbed to road straightening or
flattening out of the road---it follows the hilly terrain and is awesome.

I can't believe I'd ridden down this road so many times and didn't see this covered bridge by the road.
It was a pre-face of stopping and smelling the roses that would last the weekend.

I would meet meet many old friends at the rally and then me and Scott would head out on our
own and head farther West.
I would also be on a quest to find some more springs I have marked in my gps in Missouri.

This creek and waterfalls were right before the covered bridge.

This is the same creek that runs under the covered bridge---but across the road.

The weather was better than ever at the rally and Me and Scott camped there for one night
and headed out the next morning as the GS ride headed out with about 40 riders running nose to tail
eating each others dust----we really didn't want any part of that.
Me and Scott wanted to ride----and we both came to terms with stopping to smell the roses the next 2 days.

It really took me awhile to get accustomed to riding my 950 again----I had just returned from riding my Yamaha WR250R to Alaska and back---so it was a different world.
The biggest thing I have to get used is stopping the bigger heavier bike----the WR stops on a dime offroad--the 950 stops on a half dollar !!!!!

2013 Husky 650 TR650 Terra
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote