View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 04:17 PM   #19
gaspipe OP
Wandering Soul

Oddometer: 11,342
All the while we were climbing this 4x4 trail, I kept hearing thunder. I knew we'd get out on dry dirt and rock, but I was quite concerned if we got a gully washer and this stuff softened up. Although I knew I could get the Dakar out by clawing my way on knobs, I was pretty sure Iforgot's bike would be a gonner on the Tourances. So we pushed on when we could have rested.

I really had a ball, as this is exactly what makes a simple day ride into a mini-adventure.

We reached the top of the hill, and the rest of the ride out on the dirt was rather melodromatic compared to where we just were.

I'm still rather impressed how well Iforgot and those Tourances handled some tough terrain. Good onya .

We reached the pavement, and headed to town. I have been without water for a couple hours, my camelback long since dry.

And into Winchester, TN, we rode. A liter of Propel, a tweak to Iforgot's bike to rectify some minor biff damage, and we have to split up. I have a 0600 start time Sunday morning and it's almost 1900 now. And I'm a long ways from home.

I hate to leave a wounded man, but Iforgot assured me he'd be AOK on the ride home. And, thankfully, he was.

Time for me to motorvate. But it looks dark and gloomy ahead.

[more]

Hair of the dog....

gaspipe screwed with this post 08-07-2005 at 08:27 PM
gaspipe is offline   Reply With Quote