View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #202
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,966
Tomorrow im back on the road and just for something different im going to ride to the centre of the Kalahari desert, and yeah im not joking.

From here in Windhoek its about 540 k's to Ghanzi and i'd expect it to be quite warmish once it gets into the day so it will be sunblock water and more sunblock tomorrow, apparently the anti malaria tablets im taking make you more sussectible to the uv factor so makes perfect sense to ride into a desert doesent it. Oh well mans got to do what a mans got to do. I could just sit on my ass and flick through the channels on the tv but been doing that basically for two weeks now. I certainly needed it though feeling so much better taking those few weeks off. I've really been enjoying just flying around the city on the bike every day and riding to nowhere getting to know Windhoek.

Anyway the blogging and pictures will start again and hopefully ill get some decent pictures in the next week or so in the Ochevango Delta as I head towards the Caprivi Pass and the Vic Falls. The Vic Falls are only about 2 days riding away if I got stuck in but the way im going ill be there in a week or so, im looking forward to getting to the Delta who knows how long ill stay there. but in saying that im looking forward to getting to Lake Malawi as well and that isn that far away either. I dont actually know which way im going when I get to Vic Falls but ill leave that decision for the next few weeks.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 01-10-2014 at 12:44 PM
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote