View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #20
Roam
If you want to

Oddometer: 1,037
I just picked up a new Firstgear Kenya jacket. I have had an older model Kenya Jacket since 2002 which I really liked a lot and I've generally been pleased with all of my Firstgear purchases.

The design of the new Kenya's is mostly improved over the old model. the old model was sorely lacking in exterior pickets and that's been nicely remedied with the new design. Another thing the old jacket was lacking was ventilation in the sleeves and I would often feel my forearms broiling on hot days. This new jacket also added a vent starting at the cuffs. This seems to have made the cuffs very stiff but I think they'll break in over time and should take care of the broiling forearms.

One of the other things I don't like about the new jacket is the very bulky shoulder and elbow armor. The jackets are also sized significantly smaller than they were previously. While my old size large Kenya was a snug but comfortable fit even with my heated liner installed the new jacket was very tight and the sleeves rode up excessively even with the annoying armor removed.

Since the jacket didn't quite fit I'll be exchanging it for an XL. I ordered the silver which I'm pleased to report is more of a very light grey. I was worried that I was going to look like a disco ball but it's actually a very nice looking jacket and not flashy at all. I'll probably try to find some softer elbow and shoulder armor also.

Motorcyclegear.com (formerly newenough) has the tan jackets on sale for $190.

Roam is offline   Reply With Quote