View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #51
Cos
Re-Greekified

Oddometer: 10,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
I have and do commute and ride all over Europe. I have no desire now nor have I ever done for abs. People believing ABS will save them and then riding with increased confidence and less care and feel is more dangerous. Yes this is just my opinion.
Manufacturers are building bikes with abs because the the all knowing dictatorship of the EU parliament are about to make it mandatory. The rest of my post belongs in YM.
I have to disagree.

Mind you, i'm not saying that i believe that without ABS i'm dead. My Tiger doesn't have ABS. My Daytona doesn't either. And yes, i agree with you that in many cases ABS can lead to sloppy riding. I saw a moron just this morning that would've locked up and crashed if he didn't have ABS because he was riding like a douche and was too close to the car in front of him.

However...i have seen non-ABS bikes languish in showrooms because people now for the most part have been convinced that ABS is necessary. Look at the threads here where people say they wouldn't consider bike X because ABS isn't available.

You might not want ABS. I might not care either way. Others do and supply must reflect demand.

P.S. Your RT is non-ABS? Damn, i thought the base model BMW was an urban legend
Cos is offline   Reply With Quote