View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #2714
VeeNeck
Banned

Oddometer: 371
Laugh 2012 Ducati MultiStrada 1200: New Seat Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by 690rider View Post
Of course the front rear seats "can't" get any longer, overall. They still have to fit between the tank and the rear rack mounts. So when Ducati says there is more room, I'm guessing they are talking millimeter's. FWIW, as far as I can tell, I "think" my PP rear seat, doesn't "overlap" the rider's seat as much as other Multistrada seats I have seen...

Could just be an optical illusion, but that's the way it appears to look, to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixinbones View Post
Well, if I recall there is a bit of room behind the rear seat where they could probably gain an inch or two if they extended the seat pan rearward. Sounds like too much of a PITA for them to do though. I suspect the only thing they did was reduce the overlap of the rear seat and reshape the foam of the front a bit.

I second that, the over sculpt does look more ergonomic not so angular, because the last time I looked at my gluteus maximus it is round and does not have any angular sharp edges to it. It looks like they extended the back of the passenger seat or shortened the fount a bit for more wiggle room for the fat asses out their.

Style Guru
VeeNeck

VeeNeck screwed with this post 10-26-2011 at 01:11 PM
VeeNeck is offline   Reply With Quote