View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #124
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer: 796
Rox risers are quite a bit less expensive than the Verholens (although I like the look of the Verholens better) and the Rox are more adjustable. I have them on my 12GS and have been happy with them.

Rumor has been going around for about a month now that BMW won't bring the F800R into the US again for 2012. They started a $900 rebate (free ABS) in September to move the inventory. I've been scanning inventory and the new 2012s are showing up across the country and not a single 2012 F800R.

So...

...today I pulled the trigger. I didn't get the color I like so I guess I'll paint the two tank panels and have the only silver/black bike in America - or anywhere else for that matter. The rest: BMW centerstand, ZTechnik windscreen, Rox risers, Wunderlich titanium crash bars for now. Later: Denali LED lights mounted on the forks, LED tail light, hyperlites, Wunderlich or Touratech cooler screen, and personalized plate since I noticed EFFIT was available.

Thanks for posting the tank bag mount! I have the same bag laying around here and wouldn't have dared tapping the plastic tank panel but WTH now I'm inspired. That thing is so high I thought any strap bag would look ridiculous.

This will be my daily commuter. I passed on a screamin' deal on a Street Triple because it just didn't fit right. Now I just have to ship this baby about 3000 miles and wait until spring to get out. Can't wait!
IBA #47244
2007 R1200GS; 2006 DL650 V-Strom; 2011 F800R; 2013 CRF250L; 1995 R1100GS (sold); 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 dark (sold)
ADVBMR is offline   Reply With Quote