View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #3511
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac28 View Post
Question on steering dampener. On my 07, it looks like there is no room (flat spot) for the dampener mount on the frame. The weld goes all the way up to the metal seal below the triple clamp. I just installed a damper on my friend Deb's bike, she has an 03, and there was tons of room on her frame for the mount.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Also, anyone know where I can get a headlight guard? Can't find any for sale that fit. Got one from baja designs, it's too big.
I have a sub-mount with a Scotts damper, and a clamp on post. You can probably get one directly from Scotts (assuming that is the damper you have). Works great. There is a post for sale in the FM, but it is from an '08-'11. He has the measurements listed for head tube diameter, or you could call Scotts and see if they are the same.

Headlight guard? What headlight are you trying to protect? The stock candle of aftermarket? I wouldn't worry about protecting the stock light. Save the money and put it towards a TrailTech X2 or something else should you break yours.

B-Rod screwed with this post 10-26-2011 at 11:58 AM
B-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote