View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
I just want to let you know, I think you owe this build partly to me haha. I almost bought that bike from the Flea Market if it is the one I'm thinking of. You got a great deal. I'm just kidding though, the bike went to the right place!
So youre the guy...

I thought he was dealing with some guy in tn who couldn't get his act together, but could be he was dealing with multiple guys. I just told him I'd pay his asking price in cash and ready to roll. It makes it even more funny that I had bought a ninja to do your build and it ended up being stolen hence looking for another donor.

For the guy asking about swingarm s, it's def doable. You would probably need to replace or modify the subframe extensively to either run a ktm swinger without linkage, reengineer a link suspension or build your own swingarm that either uses the stock location for the to p mount or build a custom mount. Def can do it, and the money isn't really that much more, I have maybe $50 for a ktm swinger, $300 for a ktm shock and $20 in steel and brackets.

Don't know if it's going to work yet but I do have 12" travel front and rear with a sweet shock.

I'm just going to have to find a ninja and try it.

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote