View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #205
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,822
Rode over to the camps that the girls had told me that do boat rides and trips by road into the Moremi Game Reserve. There's a boat going for a cruise this afternoon im welcome to jump in, ok cool ill cya at 3 for a couple hour cruise of the delta. From there I went back into Maun about 10k's, it was still so hot in the low to mid 40's, im over Botswana if its going to be like this all the time ill go to a country thats got a beach if it is.

Unhappily my computer shit itself keeps going into startup repair, pain in the ass so hopefully its not all lost again after losing everything on the portable hard drive. Left about 2 pm to go for the cruise and dropped the computer off in the shop, ill see what they can come up with, ive had no luck.

The cruise up the Delta was interesting lots of bird life apparently the delta is very full from last years floods so the animals are away from the river. Im glad he said that, I was going to do the boat ride up into the Moremi Game Reserve so luckily as I probably would of seen sweet fa other than birds of course. Was interesting seeing some of the local villages along the river bank in parts, all in all a fun cruise and it was very pleasant temperature wise too.

Once I got back from the afternoon cruise I hung around with Bei and Christof a nice couple from Belguim as they had planned a day drive into the Moremi for tomorrow and the chick was coming back to see them so hung around to see if I could jump in with them.

So that worked out alright day trip into Moremi but we have to leave at 5 to get in there before it gets to hot.

Back at the Cresta Riley in town eating a nice stir fry for dinner. They say its going to be cooler tomorrow lets hope so. Of course ive got it easy cause i've got my air con but I did come here to stuff not sit in my room and this heatwave really just limits how long you can be outdoors for without it becoming a friggin mission.
Attached Images

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-28-2013 at 08:18 PM
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote