View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
robberst OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Scrap Metal was an Indian

Okay, not a real indian, but today I became the owner of a bunch of scrap metal that was once and Indian. Staight off, I'll apologize for the poor pictures. My four year old can take better pictures with a toy camera.

Notice my selection of British tools........hammers Now I need some help. Google searches are not producing much. The title says it's a 1958 Indian, I know it was made by Royal Enfield. I don't know what model it is. I think the fender on the rear tire is original, so maybe it's an Apache? Those forks in the back are not original, they came with some other parts the previous owner purchased.

I have two engines. Both are partially disassembled with the cylinder and heads removed, but there are a few noticeable differences

The original engine is seized at the moment, but it looks like it has higher compression with higher domed pistons. Notice the left side cam covers on the engine in the foreground. Anyone recognize these side covers?

The frame seems in good shape. The tank is in fair shape, Front and rear wheels(19 inch) will clean up alright. I have a new seat for it. In the hour or so I spent rummaging through the boxes of parts, and looking at the engines, this evening, I came to realize I don't have much to work with.

Any advice, sources for parts, encouragement, or ridicule?

robberst screwed with this post 03-23-2013 at 11:33 AM
robberst is offline   Reply With Quote