View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 07:19 AM   #429
walkergreenlabel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
XR650R Axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
This could be exciting news! However, do you think it's safe to drill it out? I have not looked at the XR650R axle myself, I quickly looked at the XR650L axle and ruled it out. Would you be willing to post some pics of your axle and the Outside and Inside dimensions, and the overall length? Best if you could remove it for the measuring and pics... If not, no worries, I'll get ahold of one soon.
I will try and pull the axle clean it up and take some acurate measurements of length and ID at both ends. I will use some drill bits to try and get a profile of the ID end to end. I dont want to modify the BRP axle if I don't have to. close to the end where the nut tighens the axle it narrows to 11/32 or maybe to 5/16.

I was considering the tapered ID of the axle. I was thinking of making a tapered bushing or possilby a tapered axle. My concern is that the trailer axle will not stay square to the bike frame or cause the trailer axle to bend in the bike axle.

Are the axles welded to the frame or are they removable? Have you completed the first 5 yet?

walkergreenlabel screwed with this post 10-31-2011 at 07:44 AM
walkergreenlabel is offline   Reply With Quote