View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #101
RedRockRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,155
Hey Pantah - Thanks.

India Wharf (Harbor Towers?) and Patriot Nation. Boston waterfront??? We lived in Lewis Wharf for five years in the late 90s. During the time of the "Big Dig" -- still very nice. We faced the water!!!

I was out again today with Dad. He'll see your greeting on the thread. Thanks. Pop is back in PA freezing his butt off, but he FINALLY going to retire (age 80) and shut down his business. Should eventually lead to more motorcycle time in Utah.

Yeah, we are lovin' the little dual sports. They are really great for exploring and all except the TW can manage highway speeds. We definitely avoid I-15, the only interstate in the area, and all the other state highways just don't have that much traffic. Very easy to wave someone by if they come up on your tail. Generally, drivers are very respectful of motorbikes here. Frequently, I'll wave someone around, and they'll hang back and wait for a clear, wide-open passing zone. Utardia -- also known as land of the nice people!

Lots of great riding out on the AZ Strip -- North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I haven't been to the South Rim for 20 years but remember it as crowded. It is just amazing to me that the isolated overlook points on the North Rim are so seldom visited. This is really awesome country just off of I-15 from Mesquite, NV and St. George, UT. The vastness is incredible. We are really spoiled.

Enjoy to Yami WR250R. Let me know if your travels ever bring you through St. George again. Lots of great scenery and ridin' nearby. Thanks for checkin' in.

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote