View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #12
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawalaser View Post
I will second all the ER6i praise... ...I removed the filters, they seem unnecessary and the phones seem to sound better and with the filters removed...
I just replaced the filters in mine about a month ago. One ear bud was to the point that in a quite environment, I could just barely hear anything. The other side sounded pretty good I thought. I wasn't sure what was going on, but since they send you an extra set of filters I figured why not before buying new earbuds.

After changing the filters both sides now sound great! Turns out that over time a little bit of ear wax had got on the filter, and was blocking the sound. Knowing that, and that I have to clean a very small amount of wax off the buds after wearing them, I think I will recommend keeping the filters in. I bet the sound is a little better without them, but the tradeoff isn't worth it to me.

Sad to hear about the ER6i being discontinued. I love mine. I really like them on airplanes, blocks out pretty much all engine noise, and at a fraction of the cost of the Bose headphones that get all the advertisements! When my ER6i breaks, I will try this new line (although I am a little concerned about the longer body). I have been very happy with them.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote