View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #69
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusgatos View Post
Think you're thinking about things in too narrow of terms. When I was living up in the PNW, Bobo-Boogie and I used to regularly take off on our 250F's with a couple of backpacks and go riding/camping for a few days. Much different than the type of rides we'd do on out XR650's. Don't think it's crazy at all that someone might want to do what skierd is proposing. Powering heated gear wouldn't be a driving concern for me, but I don't know how/where he rides. But if it means he doesn't have to stop to do this every few miles, I completely understand. Any way you slice it, this bike is appealing if you are looking for a lightweight bike to do some technical riding with. Hopefully it's street legal and more on the maintenance schedule of something like a WR250R/X or a Honda XR than a MX-based racebike. If that's the case, I'd be thrilled with the 20-whatever horsepower this thing is supposed to be putting out. Recently bought a 2010 450XCW that I just finished getting all dialed-in, but new Freeride 350 looks like it might be the bike I've been waiting for.

Throwing a back pack on and disappearing into the woods is one thing, setting up for extended touring is another.
But eventually someone will make a bigger tank for it, maybe even me if it comes to the states.
I can guarantee that the sub frame is light weight, not intended for load caring.
The gear box will be low ratio trials like, although it does have a 6 speed, so maybe ok for short jaunts on the street.
However the ignition will be powerful enough to power the EFI, so should have some extra juice.
But bottom line is if you buy one, you can modify it anyway you want too!
Its just that I do not believe the bike as designed will be a good starting point for what skierd is looking for.
The WR250R, which he has was designed for what he uses it for.

bundy

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote