View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #27
CAVEboy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
I know, this build went stagnant quick. I can't build more of my car frame until I have the swingarm finished. I have all the parts bearings and such to finish the swingarm and car frame. I am just waiting for a very busy friend to help me out with a little machine work for my swingarm. I've been asking him every couple days and I think he is sick of it, but he is just super busy trying to beat the snow with some house projects. There are a few small things that I've worked on, but don't have any new updates until the swingarm is done. Soon hopefully. I will update I promise. I have a few more questions, but can't really ask them without illustrations.

"For the rear upper mount I would think about a sub-sub-frame to tie the right side to the left side under the seat."

On my DR their is already a piece of tubing that ties the the sides together. If I end up working out the rear mount on the tail subframe then I may have to do what you are saying, but if I keep it on the middle frame tube it will be braced quite well by the factory frame. This is actually part of the reason I want to keep that frame mount set up like it is. I am trying to keep from over stressing the DR frame because I want this sidecar to be easily removable and not change the factor DR stuff. We will see though. New machined parts to come soon hopefully.
CAVEboy is offline   Reply With Quote