View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #72
mightymatt43 OP
URALiNEED

Oddometer: 475
New York City: part deux

The second half of our time in NYC was a bit more civilized seeing as we were staying with Kristen's friend, Shannon. Everything was a little more shabby chic and little less frat-house.

It was all made clear when we woke up to a watercolor and Kristen's favorite yogurt and granola on the first morning.

One of the first things we did with Shannon was wedding dress shopping. I understand this is not a wonderful thing to post about but the woman helping her really disliked Kristen and I caught a pretty funny and honest reaction.

And so, for a couple of days, we just took in New York by stomping around with our new host.

To whom might you contact by telephone?

Levain Bakery will change your life. Go there. Immediately.

Our new friends that took us out to the Queens Museum. Alone, we would have certainly been lost indefinitely to the subway system.

Shannon and her fiance, Kellen, at an Indian food restaurant that turned out to be one of the most insane meals of my life. Four restaurants were clumped together in one building leaving the hosts from each to attack any possible customers and physically shove them into their establishment. With chili christmas lights covering the entire restaurant we eventually found ourselves in, our waiter ended up eating food off of my plate, I may have permanently lost my hearing due to a speaker blaring Indian music right next to my ear, and somehow the entire restaurant thought it was my birthday and chaos ensued. Awesome.

We woke up the day before Halloween to a strange cold, wet, white substance falling from the sky.

We took advantage even though we were ill-equipped to do so:

I have to say that we were pretty stoked to get to see the city covered in snow. Check another thing off the list.

Next up: Halloween in NYC.

mightymatt43 screwed with this post 02-11-2014 at 02:20 PM
mightymatt43 is offline   Reply With Quote