View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #152
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave View Post
All this talk about frame bracing. This will give you a rack and brace your frame. I know because this is what I have and it is what I took on my 8 month / 35,000 mile trip around the country. It survived 2 crashes, one at 30 mph and the other at 70mph. Both times the bike was fully loaded with about 40-50 pounds of gear. Look at the pic and that is how much gear was on her. The frame was fine both times. The only thing was that it cracked about 1/4 of the way thru after the second wreck. Not even in the typical spot either. I rode for ~600 ish miles with it like that and never even knew it. With this rack there is no need to reinforce the frame, plus you get a bomb ass rack.

Granted I also had the Wolfman side racks with it. The first set EVER made. I know, I was there.

One BOMB ASS rack!!!!!
pretty hard to bend water pipe , but that's a damn nice rack, But a support strut will let riders have a multi choice of everything thats available for the BRP
here is our Rubicon Slim it closer to the bag , not for everybody but its sexy as hell and only weighs 2 pounds
its stronger than the sub frame so that strut is the answer IMO

jungleplant screwed with this post 11-20-2011 at 12:30 PM
jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote