View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #72
WRC51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Too cool that we now have a KLR thread. This bike IMO is like the Swiss Army Knife of the motorcycle world, simple and effective. Anyway I have a new to me 08 that was pretty well modded out when I bought it,Iam now in the process of doing alot of what I think should be done at 10000 miles. New brake pads front and rear,new chain and sprockets, a tear down of the swing arm, Uni-link, and steering bearings for cleaning and relubing.( They were actually in great shape, maybe the OP did them). I havent had to real problem with the oil useage maybe a pint in 2000 miles at freeway and gravel road speeds, not that bad. I plan a trip to Oregon after the first of the year and then to Utah/Moab in April or May.( This is why the extra service work at this time ,I dont what any surprises on my trip) I like this bike, I have honestly owned 13 or 14 dirt and street bikes in the last 45 years and the KLR is in the top two or three for being the best for what I need in a bike. A before and after picture.
Attached Images

WRC51 is offline   Reply With Quote