View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #63
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Read the article. How much more specific do you need? As well, this is the 2nd comprehensive comparison test that says the GS is better off pavement - the other was the very comprehesive (and I thought accurate) comparison in motorcycle-usa.com:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/12/110...-Shootout.aspx

The S10 has its strong points and I own one, but its drawbacks in the dirt (principally weight) have been well-documented in almost every road test that have been published. To continue to think that these comments are not well-grounded or specific enough is just sticking your head in the sand.

- Mark
But on the other hand you have owners who previously owned the other bike who say the opposite.
You also have the Two Wheels SA, Australian, Italian reviewers that say the opposite.

I might go as far as saying that the GS might do better because it may not have the same freak out effect for some people because it is 10% lighter and 20% lighter according to the marketing.

Thirdly a few reviwers from the dirt bike world think it is just fine and dandy, Maybe they just understand why you get over the front of the bike in some situations and get over the back in others.

Maybe they are so close as to be a non event.

So if they all have their collective heads in the sand, then fine.

Maybe the bikes are different and some prefer it and others don't? But in the dirt, either of then are probably going to smoked by the big KTM anyway.

Plenty of owners and reviewers seem to agree on that one. It seems to be the most consistent outcome.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote