View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #57
Ernbo6
Ernbo6

Oddometer: 99
Thumb Sorry I Missed This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum1b View Post
Before "Pinks" was a dream in Paul Pink's sleep, before the "Golden Age" of Hollywood, in 1916 James Mallis opened the first Nu-Way Weiner stand on Cotton Avenue in Macon, Georgia.

That original location with it's Neon Sign is still in operation and for those tired of the same ole same old, the Southern Good Ole Boys Network hereby invites you to meet us for a famous Nu-Way chili dog.

Yes, on Saturday November 19, beginning around 11:30 AM (cause they roll up the sidewalks after dark) the First Annual "Chomp da Dawgs" RTE will convene at the intersection of Cotton Avenue and Cherry Street in Historic Downtown Macon, Georgia. We'll probably stay for a couple of hours or until the last one leaves. The address is 430 Cotton Avenue, Macon, GA and their phone number is (478) 743-1368
in case Ms. Garmin leads you astray.

As they say down South, "I'd Go a Long Way For a Nu-Way". ; ) Door prizes for longest, shortest, oldest, and youngest are under consideration. We don't have a Rally yet, but who knows what the future might bring.

Sincerely, Your Instigators at
Large,
Jim Weaver and Jack Ferguson

I'm out of the country and am sorry to have missed this. It sounded like you had a great turn-out and hopefully you'll do this again. If I'm stateside I'm in.