View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #199
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
You're welcome, Mike. I look forward to hearing Mike Bratcher's viewpoints on this subject.

I think the brace for the battery box strengthens the left side of the XR650L subframe. However, the battery box weighs over ten pounds, and I don't think the subframe benefits from having the battery box slamming on it. I have read reports of a few battery boxes breaking off during long trips into rough terrain.

I'm glad I removed the battery box when I relocated my Shorai battery to the top of the airbox. However, one can remove 5 pounds of weight from the battery box by merely substituting a Shorai battery for the stock battery.

Spud
Ya it should be interesting , I think its best to configure the struts to help the stock-bike because most riders leave there bikes stock, but many change the muffler so that would be the 2nd, then the battery seems to be the 3rd upgrade that would effect the fitment of the strut of course theres always the guys like me that want a tractor tire , can you guys think of any i have missed I would like to hang some additional mounting points onto them as well we have a 150 ton brake press to bend them and a 4000 watt laser to cut them but we need to keep the cost down for the rider these need to be affordable as hell guys

jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote