View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 06:34 AM   #44
TaterHarry
Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbreisch View Post
I am about to pull the trigger on a 2011 TE250, but I am a little worried that I will be getting the redheaded stepchild, in between model. Seems like there were significant changes from 2010 to 2011 and now the 2012 is going to have another update. Will I be able to find all the trick farkles for my bike or will all the aftermarket manufacturers skip it? Specifically a larger tank, all the manufacturers have a 2010, but no mention of 2011.
Changes from 2010 to 2011 for the TE250 were negligible. I believe the fuel tank is *slightly* larger and that is about it. The TE310 got the major facelift in 2011, as it is the first year that displacement was available in the new X-Lite motor. The IMS tank is about the only option for the X-Lite bikes at this time; people have had problems with them but IMS is responsive and appears to be addressing the problem. I returned my first IMS tank when it started leaking at the fuel pump plate, but my second one is holding up so far.

Quote:
Also, as a side note, the dealer has a 2011 te310 for the same price, but it is a demo bike with 200-300 miles... That is what originally drew me in, but I like the idea of a new bike opposed to a beat on demo bike, am I nuts or should I go for the 310?
I think for a demo you should be getting a much better price than that. I bought my 2010 TE250 as a demo but it was clean, showed no signs of abuse, and the tech who had put most of the miles on the bike wasn't the abusive type The nice thing about a demo, besides the price, is that the power-up mods have probably already been done and the dealer has probably sorted out any new-bike issues, which most Huskys seem to have a few of (though minor).
TaterHarry is offline   Reply With Quote