View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #25
kramnamhoh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Reno kawasaki campground

I get to Reno kawasaki at about 1am. There are four motorcycle shops right in a row here (thank you Wade for directions). I setup camp outside the service entrance and wait. It's a good test of my new sleeping bag since it's supposed to be in 20s tonight. My old sleeping bag was rated for 20 degrees, which was very optimistic. I would get cold at 50 degrees in it. The new one has down in it, and is also rated for 20 degrees. Fortunately for me, down sleeping bag ratings mean something.

The guys at Reno Kawasaki are great. They have two heavy duty tubes and will install it for only $15. I tell the service people my story and they give me a great lesson on tire changing. They really took time to show me how it's done and give me tips on how to make it easier. The parts department even calls around to other shops in Reno to track down a motion-pro bead-buddy for me. All in all, it probably was worth the hassle of the flat to get the tire change lesson, and the parts to make it easier the next time. Thank you Reno Kawasaki. Much easier to have this experience in Nevada than most all of the places I'm going to.

Off to Arizona for time with family, and to repack. My goal is to only take half of the gear that i currently have.
Attached Images

kramnamhoh is offline   Reply With Quote