Thread: War time hacks
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #39
bmwhacker
Still on 3 wheels

Oddometer: 4,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyr View Post
Ive seen outfits with cigarette cases as gaskets. Those who keep these old machines in the fore have my Slainte! Well worth the investment and time...
Thats my ultimate motorcycle goal. To have a road going Zundapp KS. For now my might Ural keeps me going... Thanks to that company on so many fronts..
Thaks bro-
abc 1992
I have to say that this Rus. company keeps the airheads alive.. Ill hold out for a Canuck St as well

I have a very interesting lead on what is claimed to be an old WW2 German sidecar rig.
I've had correspondance with a land owner who purchased a ranch years back with some old Harley stuff and a WW2
German sidecar rig in an out building.
He sold off the old Harley stuff long ago but thought maybe he'd do something with the bike.
I am in touch with the owner via Internet and am making arrangements to go to his ranch and look at what he has.
I'm hoping to go over next week, he is less than a couple hundred miles away so well worth the effort to go and look.
I love these kind of mysteries! Not sure if it is a BMW, Zundapp, or what it might be. Could be some other off-the-wall machine.
The bike has never been offered for sale since in his ownership. The Harley guys offered him 2 grand for it years back but he thought he'd keep it to maybe have a project some day but never got to it.

So wish me luck.
I'm constantly searching for old finds and maybe this one will be the "big" one. - wishfull thinking!

I'll definately have my camera along and get some photos of this mystery bike.

Living proof you shouldn't play with matches
ABC# 1992

bmwhacker screwed with this post 11-24-2011 at 05:05 PM
bmwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote