View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #52
SpaceManSpiff
Man of Mystery

Oddometer: 1,075
I have a heavily modified but salvaged 2002 650S that was streetfightered (tiny headlight, lower vortex clip-ons, a sigma bicycle speedometer)...I didn't mind at first because i bought it to be mainly a track bike, but liked riding it so much i rode it for fun and, yes, even on a tour to Sequoia. btw, the wolfman beta bag was very secure on the back of the bike....worked well (bike has a full camping set-up in that picture).

[IMG][/IMG]

the forward lean to the low clip-on was severe, the speedo was tiny and not lit up, and the stock seat was too soft and some wind protection would have been nice. but the thing rides like a champ, and corners like nothing else.

So I added a Trailtech Vapor (with modern convienences like a tachometer, speedo that is lit up oooh aaaah ), those $$$$ but waaay adustable convertibars (and clutch, choke, and throttle cables off the standard model), mounted a Honda 599 headlight (the bigger more aerodynamic late model one that looks tits IMHO)...and it is a real nice streetbike...I just wish I was 6" shorter so I don't have to stray to another bike.

[IMG][/IMG]

the headlight itself provides a surprising amount of wind protection and smooths airflow....and it is nice and bright. BTW, the convertibars are in their lowest position here. Maybe add a little windscreen (F-15 maybe?) and i will be ready for another tour.

I am going through some life changes now and the other bikes will be leaving the stable but the charming and soulful "Blue Baron" will be staying.....
SpaceManSpiff is offline   Reply With Quote