View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #58
Ohio_Danimal OP
Midlife Crisis Man

Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundAndDown View Post
Anyone know if this bike would be comfortable for semi long trips if my only expetrience with a bike is a 250 dual sport? Looking to upgrade to a naked SV650 for next year, after a qucik ride on my friends FZ6, I like the idea of an upright sportbike, but wanted more torquey of a powerband. Have a 4000 mile trip planned, with 500-600 mile days. This is a pretty good bike for this, yes? Fuel range is about 150 miles to reserve? If it matters I have done 400 mile days on my dual sport, all street without issue.
The SV swallows 400 miles days. It'll feel like a couch compared to the 250, even with the stock seat.
I do agree with the others. I also have a Corbin seat on my SV and it has conformed to the shape of my nether regions well.

As far as mileage and range, my SV, with over 100,000 miles, is getting better mileage than ever. Some tanks I am at over 160 miles before the reserve light comes on. I usualy have a full gallon left when I fill, even after finding a station. I estimated about 55 mpg my last tank.
It;s nice to see other SVrider members here finally.

Anger is age, hell bent.
Ohio_Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote