View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
dcarver OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
Cool! Was the oil burning thing a thing with them or was yours somehow a lemon? I always liked the transformer looks of those. And I will add, I am SOOO GLAD I live in the desert where that motor would still look as if new under a coating of dust! Oh, and I am totally diggin the 70s rocker dude paint job! LEAVE IT LIKE THAT!!!! Too cool!
From what I've been able to research, the 79, 80, and 81 models came with incredibly hard rings. If not broken in 'hard' (motoman?) they would not seat and burn oil.

I'm very disappointed in the corrosion. I live in the central kali coast and we don't have salt. I failed miserably at prepping the exterior surfaces before storage. My bad.

Oh yeah, the rocker paint job remains! I even have a top case the same matched color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
I remember back in the late '70's when Kawasaki lunched this model. At the time I recall saying to myself "What in the hell would anyone want with a 1300cc six banger? I mean, really, just how BIG a MC engine do we need?"
When I bought the KZ, I had (and still have) two /2's. My /2 bud said something about 3 BMW's for all the pistons in that Japanese piece of shit!
dcarver is offline   Reply With Quote