Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdon View Post
Hey JJ
Is the KLR scratching your SE itch?
Did you get it sold?

BIGDON!...Whaddup?!?

The SE is GONE...and the new owner has posted that he is riding the hell outta' it (which makes me very happy for him). I guess I was the guy who had the good fortune of goin' through all the "growing pains".

The KLR will NEVER be an SE. But, that is the ONLY downside.

The KLR is scratching all of the itches that the SE would never, EVER be able to reach...dependability, reliability, ease of maintenance, and (most of all) TRUST.

It takes me to work, everyday, with no hassles (which is HUGE). It transports me to the Texas Hill Country, and beyond (without that little fear in the back of my mind that it will leave me stranded). That is also huge for me, as I (sometimes) find myself in locales where I don't see another human being, or vehicle, for two hours (and come-across alot of dead animal carcasses, along the way).

I know it's issues (weeping oil filter cover and oil usage), and don't have to spend hours (and, sometimes, days) having to hunt for them. If I need to work on it, I don't have to remove the engine/fuel tank/etc. to do so.

The KLR is my (current) "magic carpet", that is...slowly...transporting me back to my love of motorcycles (that almost drowned in sea of Orange)...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote