View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #62
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Madstad screen

Well, after reading through this and the Tiger 800 thread about all the different screens I decided to buy the Madstad screen. Reading about some guys having bought three screens and still not being happy did it for me. The Madstad is infinitely adjustable so I should be able to find a good setting for it. Mark at Madstad was very helpful and recommended the 22" screen as I am 6'3" tall, use the high setting on the seat and sit very upright. I installed the whole thing last night and it fits together beautifully. I did have to bend the additional side deflectors out a little bit to stop them from rubbing against the plastic on the tank, but no biggie. I like the fact that in hot weather I can remove the screen and just ride with the metal mounting plate, which looks pretty good. I am not fashion conscious enough to go as far as to remove the brackets so I would just leave them on. I won't be able to try the thing out until April or so after snow board season has ended. It's -6 celsius here right now and snowing, so I'm off to the hill. It's all good.