Thread: No stop USA
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #47
Thumpermeister
roost maker

Oddometer: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadholder View Post
It's not just about the riding issues discussed here but the whole trials "package" as a sport that has needed a little prodding to (literally!) keep things moving. The recent section time limits at the World Level have helped from a "look and feel" perspective, no longer requiring specatators to suffer through a lengthy session of static balancing and throttle blipping as a rider endlessly stares at the rock face or step to be attempted!
Yep.
I remember viewing some WTC video with friends a few years back, expecting them to be blown away by the talent in that series. While partly true, there was also as much "dude, get on with it" feedback... as riders dithered and bounced on the spot in their sections, setting up for the next major obstacle. While I was used to that, I have to admit to the improvement the time limits have made after watching last years WTC on video. No stop may provide similar impetous to get things moving and bridge the gap between the extreme range of skill out there, however it will always come down to the organizers to cover all the bases and keep both experts and novices coming back. Never an easy task.
Thumpermeister is offline   Reply With Quote