View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 12:17 AM   #8
Jamie Z OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinnin View Post
I use a mineral-salt "rock" at home and take a year-old "rock" when I travel. The one I carry is about the size and shape of half a golf ball.

I find these rocks (some call them crystals) work for me. They irritate some people's skin and for other people they are not strong enough. By wetting the thing I can get enough salt on my skin to keep the odor-causing bacteria at bay.
I don't have a clue what this is, but thanks for the heads up. I might look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow View Post
gel sticks seem to hold up to heat for me...even he sample sizes. don;t last as long, but don;t melt either.
I differentiate between "stick" deodorant and "gel" deodorant. I generally use the stick variety at home. That's what I've tried to carry on the road, but they tend to melt. I never thought about using gel, as I'm not a fan of that cold gooey feeling when I put it on, but it probably solves the issue with melting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Jamie,
I'msouth of you on the coast. I've never had any problems with gel sticks melting. Maybe it's a brand specific problem.
As above, perhaps gel is the way to go. This past summer I took a couple of trips with 100F temps and found my deodorant stick had melted inside the packagine, rendering it pretty useless. It might be related to brand, as I only tried one brand, though I can't remember brand that was now.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is online now   Reply With Quote