View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #9
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,111
If the chance came along like the Redbull KTM Dakar rider search a few years back.. I would be really be interested but I have found costs of just doing a couple BITD races a year depletes my very minor budget.. furthermore I found fund raising for a rally racing budget in the current economy especially last year was a dead end for me.. you need LOTS of money to fund even a single season of BITD... which most riders worthy of racing and finishing Dakar don't usually have... perhaps a Dirt rider continuing monthly story backed by a manufacturer(S) would be a great platform.. I also would like to see the ASO sanction a "Dakar Series" short 5 day rally here in the states or combined from the US in to Mexico in fact I have sent requests to France with no reply.. I was actually hoping maybe Casey can do another multi day Vegas to Reno but run it as a rally with roadbook and no pre running but im sure that will never happen..... I think you will find lots of volunteers for both support/logistics and riders here on advrider.... I don't fit the"younger rider" but have Dakar dreams and I will definitely be in touch!

Michael

Ps Charlie has tried this .. I hope you can make it work!

Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote