Thread: Nascar 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #33
larryboy
Leisurely Liar

Oddometer: 13,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
When Jeff Gordon first came up, he was a lot like that too. It was almost like his inverted starts as a teenybopper in his midgets. You knew when he was coming to the front, be it a road course or oval. He sort of went soft on us, but he got his share, so who can blame him.

I think Jeff had kids and that freak crash where his car somehow got into the only gap in the inside wall really threw him off his game. What track was that? It was out here, Fontana or Vegas? I forget. It was nasty and at the time Jeff said he wouldn't be driving a car there again if they didn't fix the track.

I think the crash that Jimmy had this year really threw him off his game too. The soft wall safer car generation haven't ever really had bad crashes and I think it scares the hell out of them when they do.

Did you guys see pics of Robby Gordons trophy truck that he rolled at 130 mph in this years Baja 1k? I wish that guy could land a better deal in Nascar as I think he's the only real badass in the field. I mean who else in Nascar has thrown themselves out of a moving Indy car while on fire, done the funky chicken in the grass putting out the human fire, then climbed back in the same car and tried to get the safety crew to bump start him?
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote