View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #100
apessino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
I certainly am. It's from the same school of design i.e. the wedge/stealth/facet style of 3D.

"Curves bad - pointy, edgy, sharp angles good"

This design became apparent in some forms around the mid 90s once the Stealth (fighter) bomber was used in anger during the first Gulf war, and celebrated for it's new profiles by the design world.

Read up on Industrial design trends and their origins, the archives are there if you do some digging. They may not look alike (the aztec and the nuda) but they certainly share design elements for obvious reasons.
None of that matters in the least - the angular surfaces are just one design element, what matters at the end is execution and the whole. All the Husq bikes have a similar design language, with flat, opaque surfaces.

The Atzek was awkward, goofy and disproportionate. The Nuda is exactly the opposite; it is essential, minimal and it suggests lightweight and agility. It is essential for the brand to continue the development of their identity. These are the cues the bike's intended audience is supposed to pick up on, and I am guessing that audience is not you.