View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 04:13 AM   #242
GoneAgain OP
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,527
so, ummm, i wasnt gonna update this thread for a while... kinda felt like it has been floundering a bit lately... so was gonna leave it till i buggered off on a decent ride... but...

today was an interesting day....

lets backpedal a week to last wednesday... so yeah, i got a new 20012 F800GS... it was a week late, but all good, and a great deal!

it was nearly 2pm by time i left melbourne, but i just jumped on the bike and after 18 months off of one of the 'big bikes'... and it all just worked, felt right...

i'd worked out earlier that i'd aim for Port Fairy that night... there was a few ways to get there depending on what time a got away... i was 'late' so headed straight for Colac then down thru to gellibrand.... the twisties down to Gellibrand were great... and a nice return to the big bike.... not quite as tight as a lot of the Ocean Road... but nice to get my feel back...really enjoyed it....

a fuel stop at good ol' Gellibrand General Store:

then down to Lavers Hill and onto the Great Ocean Road...

and a great twisty ride thru to Port Fairy...

checked into the backpackers and then hit the pub for a fairly ordinary mixed grill and a few beers...was fairly buggered so got a longneck and headed back to the backpackers for some quality telly (family guy, simpsons) and a quiet beer then hit the sack...

next morning looked like a good day for ridin..

i needed to be in Mount Gambier by 10:30am to get my 'Teir 2 I.D inspection' so i could get registered... so it was a pretty no eventfull ride thru... but i did take a couple of smaller bitumen 'shortcuts'... and was tempted by a hell of a lot of dirt ones

refueled at Dartmoor...

needed a 'squirt'... but they were out of order....

so stopped a few km out of town for one...and a photo or 2...

made it to Mount Gambier in 'plenty of time' for my 'i.d inspection...

then around to the Rego office to hand over wads of cash to the gubbermint for rego and a number plate...

and since i now had a bmw, it was off to my favorite Mount Gambier bakery for a coffee and a feed...

walked back to the bike, and a dude with almost as good a number plate as me had parked next to me...

so then it was off home to let the 'farkling' begin....

number plate went on, that stupid lookin victorian rear mudguard came off, the old bashplate went on..

i like the shiney sandblasted stripe

i started to put on the Barkbusters, but soon discovered i was missing a bit from each side....they are now in the mail

i put on the sexy Leo Vince can (got it thru Renazco Racing in the USA.. (inmate on here 'Renazco'), locally they are $950 bucks and a 3 week wait... got one thru Renazco for $325 plus $70 postage (US $) in 7 days... (worked out with conversion etc to $414 Australian.... Wayne Gardner will have to pay his own rent this month )

hard wired the GPS and wacked in the rallymoto damper..

all good... just waiting on the bits for the barkbusters and also a luggage rack...

then the TCK's went on yesterday

so, back to the moral of the story...

today was Physio day again.... its about an hour drive each way... but my bus 's rear drive shaft is laying on the ground waiting for me to put in a new uni joint...and the one i got yesterday is a tad too big... so i needed to ride to Physio today...

since i have the knobbies on, and since i have another 2 months of physio, i figured i should leave early and start work on a dirt way of getting there ...

so i buggered off, took lots of dirt roads...

found some dead-ends...

and then found a kick-ass track, that pretty much disapeared...but i pushed on...

not sure why...perhaps its the bit of time muckin about on the little 250cc... but i feel a lot 'looser' on this 800 than the old one... dunno... but a lot more confident...

and this bike doesnt seem as sleepy as the last one... although she did find one comfy spot for a nap

but given the crap i was riding thru i figured that was fair enough...

then i hit some 'hard' lake edge.... that was pure stinky slippy clay underneath...

so after a lot or mud n scrub n rocks n other stuff, i thought i'd found the start of a track out (gps said i wasnt oo far from a town..) ... but it soon became obvious it was actually a drain (i came to a culvert over it.... .. no pics as it was too much fun carving up each side to avoid big mud patches on the flats.....

anyway i popped out and stopped in a little town fo a drink, a look at the mud and to work out just how late i was running for Physio...

so i gunned it up the bitumen to Physio.... then buggered off home 'in a straight line, unsupported' thru the pine forests etc.... bloddy good fun...pines, tracks, fire breaks, grass, old railways....the works....

not really surprised i didnt take any pics on the way home....too much fast fun...

so anyway....

as i said at the start of this post....this post wasnt going to 'be'.... but today i had tooo much fun.... so i knew that, even though last week, when i knew i was about to pick up a new bike,... i wasnt really that excited.... that i'd made the right decision to get back on the bike....

tonight i cant stop smiling....

all you good folk who offered words of wisdom and support over the last 18 months ( ) were right.... perhaps it is now in my blood...

i love it...

and cant wait to be 'Gone Again'...

thank you....

GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote