View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #22
Psychout OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I've always wanted a BMW 650 GS, but for one reason or another never bought one. I've had KLR's, 650 V-Strom's, DRZ 400S's. and a 1200GSA in the last 4-5 years, but at age 66 and not riding as much as I use to, I'm wanting to settle down to just one bike. This not because I can't ride, it's because I just don't care to ride that much anymore. A bike that I can do 200 mile days with some light offroad is what I will always stay with, that is a duel sport bike. I've been looking for a used Dakar, but just can't find a super nice one at this time and I'm a picky buyer, pretty much the bike has to be factory stock, or with very few addons. I think the Sertao will be my next bike if I don't find a super nice Dakar before them.

John

I agree with you - I too was looking for a nice used Dakar, but honestly...a lot of owners have upgraded them and are hanging onto them - main point being that they are reliable.

I just wish they put some decent forks on these, but at the end of the day its a tried and proven setup for the Sertao...which for me is a low risk purchase. The price is really the selling point and if people want to upgrade it to be more off road suited...drop the $2.5k on new forks and you will still have the bike for another 10 years of fun.

Anyone gone to a BMW dealer to yet to find out when these bikes are arriving on show room floors?
Psychout is offline   Reply With Quote