Originally Posted by ImaPoser
For the smartphone only. Add another $30/mo to make it a hotspot for tethering the laptop or adding a stand alone hotspot, and then it's limited to 5gb a month.
You would have to root the phone and make it a mobile hotspot outside of your agreement and hope they don't catch on to the usage amount to do it for $80/mo.
It depends on your data usage.
I replaced the DSL at my office with the Verizon Mifi. $80/mo. for 8GB. There are less expensive ones for less data.
- Three of us share the connection.
- Way faster than the "business class" DSL I had
- 5 months and we have yet to go over 6GB.
- I utilize the usage reminders. I get text and email at the usage levels I set. I set %50, %75, %90.
- Awesome to be able to take my internet with me.
Only downside. It is flaky at the start of the day and often requires a re-boot.
If you have good Sprint coverage, I suggest looking that way.