View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #746
msgvb

Oddometer: 272
Which REV'IT or Dainese Glove Recommended For Use With Powerlet Heated Liners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Try checking out the Utopia Slayer and Slayer Pro Goggle as these both offer a lower profile and smaller shape versus other goggles available. We have found these to be a great fit in MX helmets with tighter eye-ports.
Patrick
Missed this one when you first replied - thanks for the info! those look like a good fit. fairly subtle, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Ken -
The fitting shape of the Dirt glove and the Alaska glove are quite similar. If you were going to wear the Alaska gloves without your heated liners, I would recommend the same size, XXL. Putting a glove liner on underneath will likely require you to go up one size to XYL. I have noticed the material used in the glove liners doesn't move smoothly against the liner of the glove and cause bunching if your (outer) glove is too snug. I just tested with my REV'IT! Tempest gloves and a Powerlet Heated glove liner and confirmed I would need to go up one size in order to accommodate the heated liner.
I know this is an older question, but a timely one for me - I'm interested in the Powerlet/Glove combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
If I may interject. If your winter gloves are so snug that a liner does not fit then they may not work well for you in the cold. Unlike a race or summer glove a winter glove should not be so tight fitting. Something just a hair loose would keep you much warmer as the trapped air in the glove will circulate warm air produced by your own hand.
Tight fitting gloves in the winter kill you two ways, one, no trapped air to keep you warm, two the tight glove cuts off circulation making you even colder.
and yes, agreed, and I can attest to this problem first hand, even just in low 40s.

in addition, I am considering picking up some rubber slip-on covers for my levers. I find that the levers become viciously cold in the winter, and the cold soaks right through my gloves. heated grips just don't cut it in my case; fingers never get warm again once this starts, and Hippo Hands hand protector/wind deflectors don't help much either.

I'm hoping that the Powerlet glove liners with a one size up outer protective glove will allow me to ride more comfortably this season. Just need to find a nice glove.

So, which REV'IT or Dainese gloves do you guys recommend for use with the Powerlet heated liners in cold weather?

Do you recommend a shortie glove for use with the liners due to the bulky power connector?
Looks like that might get in the way; does it? I'm surprised they didn't go with a leader-wire design instead...

msgvb screwed with this post 12-21-2011 at 07:32 AM
msgvb is offline   Reply With Quote