View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #747
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgvb View Post
Missed this one when you first replied - thanks for the info! those look like a good fit. fairly subtle, as well.

I know this is an older question, but a timely one for me - I'm interested in the Powerlet/Glove combo

and yes, agreed, and I can attest to this problem first hand, even just in low 40s.

in addition, I am considering picking up some rubber slip-on covers for my levers. I find that the levers become viciously cold in the winter, and the cold soaks right through my gloves. heated grips just don't cut it in my case; fingers never get warm again once this starts, and Hippo Hands hand protector/wind deflectors don't help much either.

I'm hoping that the Powerlet glove liners with a one size up outer protective glove will allow me to ride more comfortably this season. Just need to find a nice glove.

So, which REV'IT or Dainese gloves do you guys recommend for use with the Powerlet heated liners in cold weather?

Do you recommend a shortie glove for use with the liners due to the bulky power connector?
Looks like that might get in the way; does it? I'm surprised they didn't go with a leader-wire design instead...
I recommend the REV'IT! Bastion or Alaska glove in REV'IT!'s Gore-Tex Winter Glove collection. I think they are cut to work well with the Glove Liner. One other glove that might be interesting is the REV'IT! Phantom GTX Glove. If you are using a heated liner for warmth, then the Phantom GTX will keep you safe and dry. The Phantom uses Gore-Tex X-trafit technology, which keeps the internal linings in place, simply put. Please note the Phantom is not insulated, so without the heated liners, it will be cold in temperatures below the mid 50's.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote