View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #63
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
...the OEM shield which worked pretty well for me. ...I needed more protection for the trip home... Picked up the Triumph touring screen... It works a lot like the stock screen but just punches a bigger hole in the air. FYI, I'm 5'8" with 30" inseam. Seat is in low position.

Now I just need a better seat. Is there a dedicated seat thread for the Tiger 800? Corbin says they have one "coming soon."
I've found the basic shield to be tolerable, but it could be better. I still need ear plugs, and get some buffeting. Since we are about the same height, I'll ask you, how much difference did you notice between the two screens? I agree the OEM options look best, but if the touring shield wont make much difference, I'll be looking for a less attractive more protective option...

As for the seat, I bought the OEM low gel with the bike and am quite pleased with the comfort it provides. I've not taken any seriously long trips yet, but my daily commute is 1 hour each way, with no discomfort what so ever!
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote